TANZANIA NCHI YANGU

SMATIKA

SMATIKA

WAFADHILI

Thursday, October 13, 2016

'HONEY CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME BACK THE MONEY, THE PRESIDENT SAID WE SHOULD RETURN IT'

ON the 14th of October 2016, a big celebration is going to be held in Bariadi in Simiyu region. Two events are going to be celebrated, Mwalimu Nyerere Day, marking 17 years since the death of President Julius Nyerere, and also marking the end of this year's phase of Mwenge Race. A tradition in Tanzania since Nyerere era of having the Uhuru Torch visit all districts in the country. It is estimated that 1500 government employees from places outside Bariadi were invited and the Government would have to foot their allowances. President John Magufuli cancelled the invitations, and has ordered all the officials who have already received their allowances to return the funds immediately. Now here is what is supposed to be happening to some of the officials;
OFFICIAL: Honey, do you remember the money I gave you yesterday?
SIDECHICK: Yes, the money I told you I would buy my new iPhone?
OFFICIAL: Yes could you lend it to me again? Something serious has come up
SIDECHICK: But I have already used it up, I bought the phone for 1,200,000/-, and used some of the money to treat my hair, I also bought the red dress I told you about. I have only 4,000/- remaining
OFFICIAL: What? Haven't you heard what the President said? We should return the money
SIDECHICK: You mean the money was your allowance for the Bariadi event? How would you go then?
OFFICIAL: I was not going to go anyway
SIDECHICK: SO what are we going to do?
OFFICIAL: Sale the phone
SIDECHICK: Never

No comments:

Post a Comment